Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Certificate of Deposits (CDs)
American Commerce Bank, N.A. offers certificates of deposits (CDs) from a few months to five years in maturity at some of the highest rates in our communities. Come in and see how we can help you get the best return on your savings.
- Multiple terms available
- Fixed interest rates
- Interest compounds and is credited based on the terms of your account
- No set up or maintenance fees
- Early withdrawal subject to penalty
- $500 minimum deposit to open
- FDIC insured
Looking for a way to keep large deposits federally insured? Ask us about CDARS®. It’s a great solution for: businesses, nonprofit organizations, public funds managers, trustees, financial advisors, individuals, credit unions, and IRAs.
With CDARS, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million-dollar CD investments through American Commerce Bank, N.A. There are few guarantees in life – FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable cash management or longer-term investment tool for you.
It’s one-stop shopping. With help from CDARS®, you can access:
- Safety – Your money can access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance coverage.
- Convenience – You work directly with us. You earn one interest rate and receive one regular statement, and one year-end tax form.
- Community Investment – The full value of your money can support lending opportunities in your local community.
- CD-Level Rates – Your money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including Treasuries, corporate sweep accounts, and money market funds.
How does CDARS work?
We are a member of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we can place you funds into CDs issued by other banks in the same network – in increments of less than $250,000 – so that both principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. As a result, you can receive coverage from many banks while working with just one.
The exchanges, which occur on a dollar-for-dollar basis, can bring the full amount of your original deposit bank to our bank. As a result, we can make the full amount of your deposit available for community lending purposes.
What else should I know?
Now, you no longer have to spend time managing multiple bank relationships, administering various interest rates, organizing interest disbursements from various sources, or manually consolidating monthly statements. This reduces your administrative burden, especially during tax and financial reporting seasons. And with CDARS®, you can eliminate the need to monitor changing collateral values – another time savings convenience.
Of course, your confidential account information remains protected. Ask us how CDARS® can work for you.
*CDARS® is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC